We couldn’t be more thrilled to announce our Spring 2018 scholarship winners who represent a cross-section of impressive young women intent on making an impact on their communities and the world.
The 10 scholarship recipients were selected from a pool of more than 400 applicants!
Congrats to the following recipients:
- Faria Islam from Ozone Park, NY attending Columbia University
- Alondra Mendez from Guayama, PR attending Guamani Private School
- Tonyisha Harris from Chicago, IL attending Loyola University Chicago
- Alexandria Schmitt from Rich Hill, MO attending Missouri Southern State University
- Emma Lipkowski from Valley View, OH attending Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Kamryn Addison from Lawrenceville, GA attending Spelman College
- Raniyah Nathani from Houston, TX attending Texas A&M University College Station
- Aruha Khan from Knoxville, TN attending University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Yulissa Cabrera attending St. Teresa’s Academy
- Sydney Larsen attending Cornell University
Each recipient was evaluated and chosen by members of the 1DF Student Advisory Board which includes past scholarship winners. In addition to academic and personal achievements and financial need, our scholarship winners demonstrated a desire to become positive agents of change in their community.
Each scholarship winner receives a $500 micro-grant to fund outside-the-classroom extras that often go unaccounted for — like attending conferences or educational programs related to their field of study along with exam and application fees and textbooks.
“We know it doesn’t take a lot to make a big impact,” said 1DF founder Christie Garton. “We are thrilled to add 10 more talented and inspiring girls to our community by investing in and supporting their dreams. In just a few short years, 1DF has grown beyond expectations to serve more girls with more interests in more ways.”
If you or someone you know may be interested in the Fall 2018 1DF scholarships, applications are now open and will be accepted until November 30, 2018.
Congratulations again to our Spring 2018 scholarship recipients!