We couldn’t be more thrilled to announce our 2018 scholarship winners who represent a cross-section of impressive young women intent on making an impact on their communities and the world.
The scholarship recipients were selected from a pool of more than 400 applicants!
Congrats to the following recipients:
- Alexandria Butler, from Victoria, TX
- Alexandria Schmitt, from Rich Hill, MO
- Alyshia Roberts, from Cedar Park, TX
- Alondra Mendez, from Guayama, PR
- Aruha Khan, from Knoxville, TN
- Chelsea Herrarte, from Lawrence, KS
- Edan Belihu, from Shawnee, KS
- Emily Reno, from Lawrence, KS
- Emma Lipkowski, from Valley View
- Faria Islam, from Ozone Park, NY
- Favour Macjones, from Leesburg, VA
- Kamryn Addison, from Lawrenceville, GA
- Kayte Thomas, from Morrisville, NC
- Myryka Arviso-Yazza, from West Jordan, UT
- Olivia Bejar Gomez, from Modesto, CA
- Raniyah Nathani, from Houston, TX
- Sydney Larsen, from Altamonte Springs, FL
- Tonyisha Harris, from Chicago, IL
- Yulissa Cabrera, from Kansas City, MO
Each recipient was evaluated and chosen by members of the 1DF Student Advisory Board which includes past scholarship winners. In addition to academic and personal achievements and financial need, our scholarship winners demonstrated a desire to become positive agents of change in their community.
Each scholarship winner receives a $500 micro-grant to fund outside-the-classroom extras that often go unaccounted for — like attending conferences or educational programs related to their field of study along with exam and application fees and textbooks.
“We know it doesn’t take a lot to make a big impact,” said 1DF founder Christie Garton. “We are thrilled to add 10 more talented and inspiring girls to our community by investing in and supporting their dreams. In just a few short years, 1DF has grown beyond expectations to serve more girls with more interests in more ways.”
If you or someone you know may be interested in the 1DF scholarship, applications are now open and will be accepted until November 30, 2018.
Congratulations again to our 2018 scholarship recipients!