Be a Part of Our Team Join Our Student Advisory Board
1,000 Dreams Fund’s mission is to positively impact the lives of young women here in the U.S. – and we invite you to be a part of our team! If you’re in high school, college, graduate school, or a recent graduate, we have a way that you can get involved with us!
Student Advisory Board
The 1,000 Dreams Fund Student Advisory Board is an exciting opportunity to be in on the ground floor of an innovative organization focused on helping young women exclusively in the U.S. achieve their dreams. Only 50 spots are available each year! This select and committed group works closely with us on scholarship selection, fundraising and coming up with creative ways to spread our mission. If you are already a campus leader or have a non-profit, this is a perfect opportunity to share and grow your skills! Here are the details:
Who We Are Looking For:
- Young women in high school, college, graduate school, or who are recent graduates with a passion for helping young women reach their dreams
- Excellent communication skills
- Lives online – with an active interest in social media
- Interest in fundraising and helping recruit new members
- A commitment to making a difference as exemplified by leadership experiences, community engagement activities, etc.
- Ability to commit 2 semesters (Time commitment will be approximately one to two hours per month)
- Access to our professional advisory board for mentoring, career advice and internship opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in our scholarship review process and determination – great experience for those interested in serving on boards or working in the non-profit space
- Event-planning and fundraising
- First-look at social media challenges
- Special status call for board members only
- Exclusive publishing opportunities
- Listed on 1,000 Dreams Fund website
- Professional development
- And the chance to positively impact the lives of young women!
- Hourly Rate: Unpaid but college course credit available for those enrolled in an accredited institution
- If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com with subject line Student Advisory Board – YOUR NAME
- We are now accepting applications for the 2022 – 2023 Student Advisory Board July 18 – September 3, 2022. To apply to our SAB please fill out our application here.
- If you missed our first application window, good news – we have a shorter second application window that opens December 6, 2022 – January 21, 2023. Check back then!