BroadcastHER Dream Team
Our Dream Team is a special team dedicated to serving as exemplified leaders for women and folks in esports, gaming, broadcasting, and beyond through their support of our Gaming & Esports Initiative! These members will get a behind-the-scenes look at all things 1,000 Dreams Fund as they help us make dreams come true through planning, outreach, and much more! Our BroadcastHER Initiative was created to support women including cis women, trans women, trans feminine, and those who face disparities and discrimination in correlation to misogyny and identity.
In 2023, for the first-time-ever, we will be recruiting members for our FPS competitive team that will be invited to take part in tournaments, events, and even in-person LANs on behalf of our Dream Team. These members will get some amazing opportunities as they help us make dreams come true through their engagement throughout the year both at in-person event(s) and with 1DF hosted programs! With access to expenses being paid and/or comped!
The search is on! We're looking for our 2023 Dream Team!
Over the years this group of ambassadors has joined 1,000 Dreams Fund in our mission to help the women we serve reach their dreams through the work they do with us throughout the year. But NOW we’re recruiting for 2023!
Our Dream Team members:
- Participate on our FPS team (Apex Legends, Valorant, Overwatch 2) and a minimum of two in-person events which could include LAN, tournaments, etc. in 2023.
- Establish yourself as an ambassador for 1DF and our Esports & Gaming Initiative as an exemplified leader for women in esports, gaming, and broadcasting.
- Help promote/recruit our Esports & Gaming Initiative to your friends, colleagues, and community.
- Assist in outreach for our Gaming & Esports Initiative and other related supporting programs!
- Help us find new potential community members, candidates for our funding programs, guests for our live streams and panels, etc.
- Participate in social media based flash challenges to help us increase our outreach and engagement on our life-changing opportunities!
- Have fun!
- & even more details forthcoming
Our Dream Team Gets Some Awesome Perks!
- Ability to participate in special events through our gaming and esports work via LANs, tournaments, etc.
- In-person events TBD with a goal of one Summer event and one Winter event
- Event-planning and fundraising
- First-look at launches of our funding programs and opportunities
- Special status on our stream team as an exclusive Ambassador
- Priority for featured opportunities
- Listed on 1,000 Dreams Fund Website
- Professional Development and Access To 1,000 Dreams Fund’s Network
- And more!
Meet Our Previous Dream Team Members
@Zeloinator, or “Zee” is a physically disabled gamer who started as an esports watcher, realizing that there should also be the same opportunities for the disabled community. Zee dreams of being a part of the change to allow EVERYONE the ability to play video games & compete!
@UnvisibleGirl is a trans gal who has been a gamer since they were little! Her love for exploration and creation within video games led to her passion of making art from these titles. She dreams of creating things and helping others.
@TrickingLoki is a librarian by day and everything else by night! She enjoys tricking people into learning, being a loud and proud ace, & honing her artistic and acting skills. She dreams of inspiring the love of learning and teaching in others!
@lindsies, or Lindsey, is currently double majoring in Communications and Theater Design all while broadcasting right on Twitch (since 2019)! Lindsey dreams of fostering spaces in the games industry in which women feel accepted and empowered.
@PopNoTarts is a content creator, blogger, & musician – you can find her playing a variety of games along with her favorite SEGA franchises. She hopes her online presence can encourage people to think critically about how media can affect our biases & issues of representation!
@KallistaKaines is a woman with a passion for video game lore, JRPGs, fanfiction, and cosplay! She dreams of helping provide the opportunities and tools for women to pursue their dreams in the gaming industry!
@Imfamousx1x is a variety content creator, cosplay/model, photographer, & mother. She supports diversity, mental health awareness, loving individuality, & gaming as a parent! Her dream is to have others understand that we all have a story & it should be told through our voice.
@erezebeta, or Beta, previously worked at local Animal Care Centers! She was diagnosed with a demyelinating disease in 2018, with a year off this led her to finding her passion in content creation. She now uses both of her loves to advocate for animals while creating content!
@CamillaPanda has a degree in Interactive Multimedia & a minor in Women & Gender Studies. She is very passionate about equitable STEM education for all – working closely with robotics. She dreams of creating a space where everyone can be themselves & make a positive change!
@blackwhimsy is part time content creator & a full time magical girl! She loves streaming, anime, drawing, food, & creating fun content. She dreams of making gaming what it was truly meant to be – an inclusive, diverse, & accepting place for ALL to have fun and come together!