We hosted our inaugural BroadcastHER Virtual Summit earlier this month on October 17-18, where more than 200,000 viewers tuned in on Twitch — our exclusive stream partner for the event!
Our BroadcastHER Summit is just another way that 1,000 Dreams Fund is committed to elevating women in the digital broadcasting and gaming space. As an organization, we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and brought this mindset to the incredible lineup of keynotes and panelists who joined us over the two days. Our goal: to equip every single Summit viewer with the know-how and inspiration to continue to reach for her awesome dreams in streaming and gaming. And, we did just that!
We are so grateful for the generous participation of everyone who participated as speakers and allies over the weekend. Here is a snapshot of the AMAZING content covered during the Summit:
- Building Your Brand and Finding Your Niche with Ashnichrist, Storymodebae, SirKatelyn, Negaoryx, Mischacrossing, and Krystalogy
- Networking 101 with Trisha Hershberger, Cupahnoodle, Munchkindoom, SweetAnita, and nessameowmeow
- Using The Skills You Learn While Streaming Outside of Going Live with Persia_xo, TheStrangeRebel, Cuddle_Core, MsAshRocks, and Askesienne
- Mental & Physical Health in Gaming, Broadcasting, & Esports with Mxiety, FrankthePegasus, Megkaylee, playwithjambo, and AmberGlowYoga
- Developing Yourself Professionally Brought To You By Hitmarker
- Inclusion & Diversity in Gaming, Broadcasting, & Esports with Mojojojo_97, PleasantlyTwstd, YoBrandii_, and Mad_Madame_Em
- Dealing with Harassment While Being Beautifully You with Deere, CtrlAltQuin, MermaidQueenJude, ThatNerdViolet, and LuxieGames
- Accessibility in Gaming, Broadcasting, & Esports with RadderssGaming, LunahBat, Jessie Hall of AbleGamers, and TiffanyWitcher
- Closing Keynote by Kishonna Gray, Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication and Gender and Women’s Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago
The Summit also featured performances by SavingMusicLIVE, a Twitch channel devoted to supporting charity through music. They crushed their fundraising goal, helping raise more than $15,000 for our 1DF – Twitch BroadcastHER Grant Program! Of course, we couldn’t have done any of this without ALL of our fundraisers. Thank you again to all their incredible work and dedication.
And for some icing on the cake, 12 lucky attendees won a pair of HyperX Cloud Alpha Headsets from our BroadcastHER Summit sponsor HyperX!
If you missed this inspiring weekend, check out some of our favorite clips:
Thanks to everyone who helped to make our first-ever BroadcastHER Virtual Summit such a great success. We can’t wait to see you at our next one!