Have you ever wanted to serve on a Board of Directors? As a former 1,000 Dreams Fund beneficiary, we are so excited to be in touch with you today with an AWESOME opportunity. My name is Cindy Wang, and I’m Katherine Waltman – and we’re excited to announce that 1,000 Dreams Fund is officially launching its very own Junior Board of Directors – AND YOU ARE INVITED TO APPLY!
Plus, we’re extra excited to deliver you this news, as the two of us are serving as the 2023 Junior Board Co-Chairs. Cindy was a previous 1,000 Dreams Fund beneficiary and Katherine has been a long-time friend who learned about 1DF through Cindy. We want to invite you to learn more about 1,000 Dreams Fund and this exclusive opportunity!
As many of you may know, 1,000 Dreams Fund (1DF) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the dreams of talented young women in need by providing access to critical funding, resources and meaningful mentor relationships. So far, 1DF has granted over $750,000 to high school, college and graduate women across the US and facilitated over 500 hours of mentorship! You are part of this success.
In an effort to expand 1DF’s scope, we are so excited to help build the formation of 1,000 Dreams Fund’s Junior Board of Directors, which is targeted toward young professionals, like yourself. This is YOUR opportunity to make a difference in the lives of amazing young women who need a critical boost at a critical time while getting unparalleled access to a board training experience as a young professional!
Why join? Here’s what we are most excited about:
- Work with like-minded individuals who care about the advancement of women in the workplace! There is so much work to be done.
- Opportunities to train and gain hands-on leadership experience.
- Learn to fundraise with a leading national nonprofit.
- A chance to work with 1,000 Dreams Fund Board of Directors on national initiatives.
- Invitation to attend the organization’s Annual Board Retreat.
- Speaking invitation to our annual Student Leadership Summit
- And so much more!
We are currently recruiting for a diverse group of 12 young professionals (women and allies!) who are passionate about advancing 1DF’s mission, are in line with 1DF’s core values and are interested in learning more about leadership and nonprofit management while contributing their ideas and talents. Members of the Junior Board will also work closely with 1DF’s Board of Directors, who serve in senior positions across a diverse range of industries – an invaluable and unique network of experienced mentors.
We invite you to review the opportunity and consider APPLYING TODAY.
In addition, we would love to invite you to attend our virtual info session on Wednesday, March 15 @ 5:30pm EST/ 4:30pm CST/ 2:30pm PST to learn more about the Junior Board and expected commitments.
- To sign up, please REGISTER HERE. Please note: you do NOT have to attend the session or wait for the session in order to apply. If interested, we encourage you to apply now for this select group and awesome opportunity to give back.
We are passionate about 1,000 Dreams Fund’s important work, and we hope you will join us in furthering its mission through your involvement in the inaugural launch of our Junior Board.
We look forward to receiving your application, and hopefully meeting you soon!
Cindy Wang and Katherine Waltman
1DF Junior Board of Directors Co-Chairs