3 years and may be re-elected for 3 successive terms.
Determine the planning and policy decisions, assure adequate resources, monitor and sanction activities.
Annual Board “Give or Get”:
- Familiarize yourself with 1,000 Dreams Fund’s mission, programs, and core values locally, nationally and internationally.
- Serve as an active board member by attending 2 board meetings and TDB committee meetings a year.
- Become informed in advance of agenda items for all board, committee and task force meetings.
- Ask discerning questions, constructively participate in deliberations, and vote according to your convictions.
- Assume leadership of board groups and events as requested (such as committee, task force, or special project chairs).
- Assume a major responsibility on at least one committee or task force.
- Work on committees/task forces where your interests, background and experience would be of value to assist 1,000 Dreams Fund in achieving its goals.
- Contribute to the annual fundraising campaign at a level commensurate with your ability.
- Assume an active role in the annual fundraising campaign by providing leadership as well as soliciting donations to accomplish 1,000 Dreams Fund’s mission.
- Employ, monitor and evaluate the CEO in conjunction with other board members.
- Ensure the budget, policies, and program efforts are consistent with 1,000 Dreams Fund’s mission, goals and objectives.
- Serve as an educated ambassador of 1,000 Dreams Fund in general and our association in particular.
- Exemplify the core values of 1,000 Dreams Fund and be a respected citizen by colleagues and the community.
- Commitment to 1,000 Dreams Fund’s mission and impact.
- Breadth of understanding and respect of the viewpoint of others.
- Willing to state one’s convictions and equally willing to accept the majority decision when in conflict with one’s own stand.
- Interest in the objectives and programs of the organization.
- Deal openly and directly with the CEO and other board members when pleased or displeased.
Intended End Result:
- Board of Directors is a recognized and highly regarded volunteer leadership opportunity in the community.
- Board of Directors performs as a team.
- Board of Directors individual meeting attendance is 90% or greater.
- 1,000 Dreams Fund’s image and impact is enhanced.
- 100% of the board participates in and contributes to the annual fundraising campaign.
- The resources of 1,000 Dreams Fund expands in an effort to more effectively serve talented young women in need as a whole.