Want to make a difference in the lives of young women across the U.S. while gaining valuable experience for your next internship or job?
1,000 Dreams Fund’s Student Advisory Board (SAB) may be just the thing for you!
We are looking for young women from all 50 states to join our SAB for the 2022/2023 school year — and you can apply now!
It’s an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our innovative organization that prioritizes helping young women in the U.S. achieve their dreams.
The SAB works closely with us on scholarship selection, fundraising, and ideating creative ways to celebrate our mission. And only 50 SAB spots are available each year!
We also prioritize giving our SAB members a number of valuable, unparalleled opportunities to take the next steps in their own careers. Here’s a short list of what you can expect:
- Access to 1DF’s professional advisory board for mentoring, career advice, and internship opportunities
- Resume-ready work experience
- Opportunity to participate in our scholarship review process and determination — a great experience for those interested in serving on boards or working in the nonprofit space!
- Event planning and fundraising experience
- First look at social media challenges
- Special status call for board members only
- Exclusive publishing opportunities
- Listing on 1,000 Dreams Fund website
- Professional development
- PLUS, the chance to positively impact the lives of young women!
Sound like something you’re interested in?!
Here’s a checklist for success in your SAB application:
- You are a U.S.-based female high school, college, or graduate school student — or a recent graduate — with a passion for helping young women reach their dreams.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have an active interest in social media.
- You are interested in fundraising and helping recruit new 1DF members.
- You are committed to making a difference as exemplified by leadership experiences, community engagement activities, and more.
- You are able to commit to two semesters, with a monthly commitment of about one to two hours.
Recruitment is open until September 2, 2022, but we encourage you to apply now!