Have you always wanted to work in the esports and gaming industry but didn’t know where to start? We have just the thing for you!
1,000 Dreams Fund (1DF) is teaming up with Riot Games to launch our first-ever Riot Games Esports Broadcasting Cadetship to help accelerate the careers of women in the esports production industry. The Riot Games Esports Broadcasting Cadetship is a part of 1DF’s BroadcastHER Initiative launched in 2018 to fuel the dreams of women who aspire to work in the gaming and esports industry.
While women represent nearly half of gamers around the world, only 22% of women represent leading roles in esports — and even fewer in esports broadcasting. This Cadetship program is aimed at advancing women in the esports and gaming industry.
We’ll be kicking off this new program on Wednesday, October 4 with a virtual information session launch event featuring guest speaker Allyson Gormley, Global Operations Director of Riot Games’ Remote Broadcast Centre.
Following the information session launch event, we will then host a series of four FREE Masterclasses with Life@Riot members, starting on November 1, to help train people interested in esports careers as well as those who are interested in applying for the Cadetship.
The Information Session and Four FREE Masterclasses will include:
- Direct insight from esports industry professionals on what to expect in the field
- Cover letter, resume, application, and interview preparation
- More about Riot Games Culture
- Info on broadcast production skill development including MAM, Instant Replay, Audio, and Graphics
- And much more!
Once our Masterclass series wraps in January, the Esports Broadcasting Cadetship application will open. The partners are especially interested in hearing from Cadetship applicants in college or university interested in esports production, or those with previous esports production experience as well as applicants from the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region.
So what does the Cadetship offer? Great question!
The 2 selected Cadets will receive the following prize package:
- A paid 3-month cadetship opportunity at Riot Games’ Remote Broadcast Centre in Dublin, Ireland;
- Funding for the accommodation for the duration of the cadetship;
- Travel stipend for travel to/from Dublin for the cadetship;
- $500 grant to put towards a career coach who specializes in the gaming and esports industry who will provide direct career consultation and guidance to Cadets;
- Two 60-minute mentor sessions (beginning and end of cadetship program);
- Additional mentorship opportunities onsite.
The two selected Cadets will also have access to additional pop-up experiences and learning opportunities in 2024 as well as the opportunity to gain hands-on training by working alongside the Riot Games Remote Broadcast Center (RBC) team during the course of the Cadetship.
Whew! We covered a lot of ground here. Interested in participating in our program? We hope you are! To kick things off:
Step 1: Attend our virtual information session launch event on October 4.
Step 2: Interested applicants must sign up and attend at least one of four Masterclasses:
- Masterclass #1: November 1, 2023
- Masterclass #2: November 2023 (date to be announced)
- Masterclass #3: December 2023 (date to be announced)
- Masterclass #4: January 2024 (date to be announced)
Step 3: Apply! Once all Masterclasses are complete, the Cadetship Application will open in January 2024.
To learn more about the Riot Games Esports Broadcasting Cadetship, visit our program page here. If you have any questions about the program, please contact the 1DF BroadcastHER Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.