We are so excited to bring to you our 2023-2024 Student Advisory Board (SAB).
One of the ways we continue to empower young women to go after their dreams is through this SAB program. Each school year, we recruit students from all 50 states to serve as advisors to our work. These emerging leaders represent their peers in high school, college, and graduate school.
While members of the board come from diverse backgrounds, what they have in common is a strong sense of purpose and an unwavering commitment to our mission: empowering other young women with big dreams.
We are so passionate about activating this group every year to make a difference. Our SAB provides a platform for our members to make new connections, meet mentors and find scholarship opportunities — while helping others do the same!
They also work together with our 1DF team to develop new strategies for spreading our important mission to their school campuses and communities while gaining invaluable experience working with our nonprofit.
Most exciting, the group helps make our annual 1,000 Dreams Scholarship decisions!
We are pleased to announce this year’s Student Advisory Board (SAB):
- Abbie H. – The University of Illinois Springfield
- Alishia G. – Eastern Florida State College
- Ana P. – Community College of Denver
- Anyshya H. – University of Missouri-Columbia
- April M. – Regent University
- Arfath C. – Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education (at City College of New York)
- Brandi G. – Cleveland State University
- C’abee B. – Spelman College
- Chloe S. – Valdosta State University
- Cora V. – University of Maryland Global Campus
- Djessica B. – Nova Southeastern University
- Gabreyela (Gaby) G. – Louisiana State University (LSU)
- Ginger G. – Cornell Law School
- Giving-Praise F. – Portland State University
- Gracie H. – Brigham Young University
- Hannah W. – Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
- Jasmine G. – California State University, Fullerton
- Jasmine W. – North Central Texas College
- Jazmin C. – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Jenna S. – Arizona State University
- Julia B. – University of Arizona Global Campus
- Kaylin C. – Northwest Missouri State University
- Kemisola K. – University of Arkansas, Little Rock
- Keona K. – University of Southern Maine
- Kiana W. – Arkansas State University
- Kimberly L. – University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)
- Kozhen Z. – University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Lavender W. – Strayer University
- Layla C. – Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and the Performing Arts
- Madelyn K. – Bowdoin College
- Maneeza K. – Johns Hopkins University
- Martha K. – Cornell University
- Mary-Kathryn W. – Carleton College
- Natalie L. – Tanque Verde High School
- Qudirat A. – University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Sawyer B. – Sante Fe College
- Shreya P. – Rutgers University
- Sierra M. – Lorain County Community College /The University of Toledo
- Sulie H. – Boricua College
- Tara M. – Rider University
- Tera M.- Auburn University at Montgomery
- Toluwanimi A. – Binghamton University
- Trinity W. – University of Miami
- Vaishnavi P. – John P. Stevens High School
- Vanessa A. – Mt. San Antonio College
- Vyshnavi M. – University of Cincinnati
- Yan Li X. – Excel High School
- Zykereyes B. – Georgia State University
Congratulations to all our new members! We’re looking forward to a great year ahead!