While the coronavirus pandemic has turned worlds upside down, we’re excited to offer some positive news today!
We recently announced a life-changing opportunity for women in gaming — 1DF’s BroadcastHER Academy (powered by Allied Esports and HyperX Gaming): An Esports and Gaming Fellowship Program for Women — and invited interested women to apply during a five-week challenge.
Today, we are celebrating all 10 Fellows just announced to the 2020 BroadcastHER Academy!
- Krysta E., @krystalogy – “My dream is to become a full-time content creator or a community manager/public relations specialist for any company in the gaming space.”
- Vanessa H., @nessameowmeow – “My dream is to be a top competitor in esports and my current focus is Magic the Gathering: Arena.”
- Lily C., @promise9k – “My dream is to become the voice for those who do not have the courage to stand up for themselves in this male-dominant industry.”
- Libby K., @Askesienne – “My dream is to elevate other women in the space and make sure my fellow content creators and gamers are welcomed and given seats at the table.”
- Lisa V., @bby_argon – “My dream is to utilize my engineering skills by becoming invested in game development and broadcasting.”
- Ashley K., @giraffley – “My dream is to become a player as a career and help organize and run esports events.”
- Kate H., @sneakyslothav – “My dream in esports is to work behind the scenes in production.”
- Deja K., @jadevalkyri3 – “My dream is to be a host and interviewer in the gaming industry.”
- Emi B., @mad_madame_em – “My dream is to help organize and manage tournaments directly aimed towards giving women the opportunity to showcase their skills and make a name for themselves in a supportive environment.”
- Ji Eon L., @vilada – “My dream is to become a professional freelance illustrator, character designer, or an intern in art to better serve the deaf community in esports.”
From everyone at 1,000 Dreams Fund, thanks to everyone who participated in our BroadcastHER Academy Challenge! We were blown away by your talent and dedication to reaching your dreams in the industry. And a huge shout-out to our partners Allied Esports and HyperX for helping us make more esports and gaming dreams come true for women.
To learn more about the BroadcastHER Academy, follow this link.